What Is a Safety Group?
State law allows employers in similar industries to reduce their workers’ compensation premiums by purchasing their coverage as a group. Texas Mutual underwrites the policies in the group and a TAM affiliate administers and markets the group.
What’s in it for you as a Texas Manufacturer?
- Receive an up-front 11.00% premium discount.
- Receive up to an additional 12.00% discount for choosing Texas Mutual’s workers’ comp health care network (for qualifying employers).
- Possibility of receiving Texas Mutual individual policyholder dividends and safety group dividends.*
- Industry-specific safety plan, interactive safety tools at texasmutual.com and loss prevention seminars.
- You retain your own policy and experience.
- You maintain your relationship with your insurance agent.
- Benefits of a grassroots membership in the Texas Association of Manufacturers (www.manufacturetexas.org).
How can you find out if you qualify?
Have your agent ask Texas Mutual for a no obligation quote in the Texas Association of Manufacturers Safety Group. They can either go through their preferred underwriter, or they can contact Myrtha Castillo the lead underwriter for the TAM Safety Group at
1-800-859-5995, ext. 6142.
What is the Membership Requirement?
Grassroots membership in the Texas Association of Manufacturers is required. The annual dues for a grassroots membership are $100.
Once Texas Mutual has approved your policy for the TAM Group, please fill out a TAM Membership Application and send it, along with your TAM dues, to the address listed on the application.
*Past dividends are not a guarantee of future dividends. The Texas Department of Insurance must approve all dividends.